- To be eligible to enter the African Fashion Awards, entrants must be age 18 years or over.
- The Awards are open to emerging, professional and independent fashion, jewellery and accessory designers, photographers, influencers and retailers involved in the African fashion industry.
- To be eligible for an award; entrants must either live, work or do business in the UK, Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, South America and rest of the world.
- Entrants must submit their entries together with photo images via the AFA website.
- Applicants may enter one or more than one category Application forms must be completed in full and must be received within the required deadline.
- The judges reserve the right to amend category selections where appropriate
- The entrant must own all rights, title and interest in the design or work submitted.
- AFA will not be liable for any work submitted that has been plagiarised or are subject to copyright. Applicants take sole responsibility and shall fully indemnify the African Fashion Awards and for any loss or damages incurred as a result of such claims.
- The owner of the copyright agrees to grant AFA a non-exclusive licence to reproduce, publish upon entering the competition.
- The organisers of the AFA reserve the right to combine or withdraw any category and reserve the right to add or alter any category if there are insufficient entries in any category.
- Shortlisted entrants may be asked to provide additional information to support their application and assist the panel.
- Shortlisting is carried out by a team of industry professionals who are experts in their field.
- Judges will assess all entries based on submitted images and completed entry forms using a points system to score and select the finalists to go forward the awards show in September 2020.
- All successful finalists will be notified by email or by telephone by the end of May 2020. If the organisers of the AFA are unable to contact shortlisted entrants within seven days, we reserve the right to withdraw the entry and offer the place at the awards to another entrant.
- Announcement of winners and runners up will be held at the awards to be held in London, September 2020
- The judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Finalists agree that they are available to attend the awards in September 2020.
- The organisers have the right to add and change the rules of the competition.
- Applicants understand that the organisers reserve the right to reject any application at its sole discretion.
- Finalist and winners agree to participate in related publicity and marketing, to make themselves available if required, support across social media channels and to the use of your name and winning images for the purpose of advertising, promotion and publicity without compensation.
- The African Fashion Awards reserve the right to use the names and addresses of winners, their designs and audio and/or visual recordings or photograph in any publicity or marketing including and not limited to our website, social media, in advertising/promotional activity and on our literature.
- All applicants must have the permission of the copyright owner before submitting photographs with their entry. AFA reserves the right to utilise any photos submitted for use on the website and for publicity purposes.
- Applicants agree that work submitted for the competition must be their own work.
- Photo images submitted are understood to be the property of the entrant who has the right to use them for unlimited publication. All credits (where applicable) must be submitted with the application.
- Copyright: Entrants agree that we have the right to publish and share to the public, our media partners any photo images they submit to support their entries. Photo images maybe shared on our website, in press releases and on social media pages such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Copyrights or ownership rights to any image submitted as an entry shall remain with the respective entrant. However, to the extent permitted by law, by submitting the entry the entrant grants the organisers the continuous, royalty free, and irrevocable, worldwide rights to feature, display, post, copy, print, or otherwise use the submitted images or look books on the AFA website, e-mails, magazine or newspaper articles, social media platforms and any promotional material, globally, during the contest and for a period of three (3) years after the contest is over.
- Photography & Filming: I agree that if I am selected as a finalist or award recipient, I hereby authorise the release and use of my name, business name, likeness, recording of my voice and photographs including videotapes or other forms of media, which may be taken of me.
- Entrants agree that the AFA owns the copyright of all photos and videos taken of the finalists and winners and their collection during the competition and awards. Photo images and video footage maybe reproduced for purposes including for promotion and marketing indefinitely.
- I agree that no compensation shall be due to me or my company for such usage. I authorise AFA to reproduce any information which I have included within my application.
- I agree to my application being read and considered by the organisers of the AFA and their Judging Panellists.
- Please note that full participation in the Awards is a pre-requisite of applying for the Awards and we wish to be fair to all those who enter and make themselves available for the relevant stages of the Awards process.
- Communication and Opting Out: By entering the awards we may send you marketing or promotional emails or texts about the event and services or to ask you about your experience of the event. From time to time we may also send you relevant marketing materials and communications. To opt-out receiving messages or information from us please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- African Fashion awards is an annual fashion event organised by African Fashion Awards Limited – Company Number 12292586
REGISTERED OFFICE ADDRESS:
71-75 Shelton Street
By entering the Awards, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules.